Old 01-04-2008, 01:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Laying turf or planting my own grass?

"bpsintl" wrote in message

Hi, I moved into a new house about a year ago. It's a new build and the
people before me badly neglected the lawn. Now it's so bad I'm thinking
of starting over. Is it better to buy turf and lay that or plant my own
grass from seeds?

I did some of each at one time. The seed ended up better looking and less weed
prone over several years. It was also far cheaper.

I have had good luck with consistant overseeding and fertilizing to help
neglected lawns recover.