Old 31-03-2008, 11:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Murky pond...

Bootfit wrote:
Hello all - first post here.

We moved into our first home in September last year and have
inherrited a pond in the back garden that is about 2m x 3m. It has a
dead looking lilly pad, a load of pond-type water plants, a few frogs
and a fair few fish.

For the past 5 months the water has been clear but the last month it
has gone really murky with brown/fury sludge appearing on the rocks.
There is also some foam/bubbles appearing where the water from the
pump flows back into the pond. There is also a shed load of frog
spawn.

I cleaned the pond filter in january and I also removed loads of the
pond-type water plants - will this be the reason for the watern being
cloudy now?

Def. not helping. Plants use up the nutrients in the water.
More info on pump and filter installed please.
--
Pete C
London UK