Old 01-04-2008, 04:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

Jangchub wrote:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:13:45 -0700, Billy
wrote:

"clarissa" wrote in message
Hi to all gardeners I have a new neighbour with two dogs - she
lets them run everywhere and lets them poop etc. everywhere. I
love dogs - have had three over a 20 year period and not once
have
they ever been allowed to even
go into anyone elses yard (always tied up, which for a dog is a
matter of safety anyway). I am at my wits end and this morning I
did something I may
regret - I took three piles of poopand left them on her sidewalk!
I may end
up in her very bad books but how can someone be so inconsiderate.
Does anyone have any suggestions for the future - as to handling
this more diplomatically. Thanks for any help. Jean

Sometimes you have to be assertive. Do it as nicely as you can. If
you know neighbors, you may ask their advice because you want to
address the problem reasonably. We all have blind spots.

If you are within city limits, I'd be surprised if there aren't
leash
laws. Only involve the dog catchers as a last resort. It takes $ to
get them out of the pound. She should have a real steep learning
curve. Take pictures if you can of the act being committed. If this
is in the country, learn to shoot a low velocity air rifle (It's
negative reinforcement for when her dog is on your property. If
that
doesn't get her attention, get a high velocity air rifle.). In
agricultural areas, farmers take a dim view of dogs running wild.
There must be county laws against it.

Hahahaha, leash laws. Ya. i have a decorated cop living cross the
street from me and his cats are all over the place, hiding in bushes
ambushing birds. We found him stalking this moring where the barn
swalllows were building their nest in our ourdoor vestibule.

If you check the leash law I think you will find that it does not
apply to cats.

Putting poo on someone's sidewalk is not way to handle it either.
It's
not the animal's fault. I never want the animal to suffer.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)