Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

Default what is this weed?

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:53:48 GMT, "marty lester"
wrote:

i have a St. Augustine back yard and it appears this weed is beginning to
take over.

I have it also in my St. Augustine. I ignored it but it became
relentless. There are some herbicides that work but the best is just
to take some time and go out and pick it out. I would almost say comb
it out. It has fibrous roots and comes out when you find the main
ground connection. So kind of pull on the clumps til the central root
system is located then pull it out. It is matty in the way it grows.

It is a Cerastium I think.

Rusty Mase