Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
cat daddy

Default Barton Springs toxic

"animaux" wrote in message
http://www.austin360.com/aas/special...119barton.html

I urge anyone interested in the organic community read this letter. For

years
Barton Springs pool has been a natural moving body of water which is at

the
center of Austin in the city. Thousands of people come here just to swim

in
this natural pool from all over the place. Now it will be marked with

sighs
telling of the toxic levels of arsenic, atrazine, etc...and swim at your

own
risk.

It's amazing to me that Ironite is still on the market and it is now my

mission
to get that product off the market, as I was passionate about the

elimination of
Diazinon and Dursban.

Please, if you care about your environment, read this article.

I am just sick over this. For the past five Summers, and especially the
last two, my Labrador Caitlin and I have gone swimming almost every day at
the spillway. I *trusted* the city's tests of the water quality and believed
it to be the safest water around. *******s...........