Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

Default Barton Springs toxic

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:10:19 GMT, animaux
wrote:

Yeah, well, they closed the pool, but they are still insisting this is nothing
to be twisted about. Ya know why? Because they lose and stand to lose a lot of
revenue from this.

Well, they also used Barton Springs as a "club" over the years to beat
anyone they thought might possibly be a potential polluter. Mostly
they picked on peripheral sources for this. Such as my on-site waste
disposal system (septic tank - drain field) and numerous developers
west of MoPac/Loop 360 in general.

So I think as much as anything some local environmental activists are
very concerned that the "club" has been compromised and it may not be
an effective weapon, anymore.

The folks that may have disposed of coal gas wastes along Robert E.
Lee Rd. are long gone and dead now, and you cant beat them. The more
interesting aspect now becomes where are the metals they are finding
coming from? Same source, or something else?

Rusty Mase