Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

Jangchub wrote in
:

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:07:29 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

"George.com" wrote in
:

agreed, good common sense comments. I always pick my dog
poop up when we go out for a walk but empty the bag under
my hedge. I cannot see too much wrong with that. I worm
the mutts and keep other parasites under control with
them.

as long as your hedge isn't in an area where water runoff
occurs, that's probably ok. but if it's near a body of
water (including storm drain/street runoff), then it's a
bad idea.

Do you have any idea what gets washed down the storm
drains? Dog poo is barely a blip on the threat map.

yes, i do. but why add extra contamination when it can be
avoided? just because something is bad, doesn't mean it's ok
to make it worse.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair