Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

Default Barton Springs toxic

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:36:16 GMT, animaux
wrote:

My guess would be the arsenic is from the over use of Ironite, which has high
amounts of arsenic. Many of these metals and pollutants are in commercial
fertilizers as fillers. The fillers are not regulated and they can put anything
in that bag and it doesn't have to be listed because it's inert.

Some of that gets scary as it would be a good way to get rid of stuff
not easy to throw away otherwise. I have done some work on waste
glass and even that can be a possible source of arsenic and other
toxic metals as the broken glass corrodes in the soil.

So it will be an interesting investigation finding out where these
pollutants are coming from. Just a simple scan for the RCRA metals
done by a certified lab costs $400 to $500 so I do not think many of
us are going to be able to help in determining this.

Rusty Mase