Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

In article , Jangchub
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:42:20 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

If you check the leash law I think you will find that it does not
apply to cats.

There is a leash law for cats in my city. Cats are not allowed
outside their fence or the city will give the people a ticket. So
far, they've been ticketed three times. One more, and the fee goes up
to 250 dollar per incident for three more incidents. 500 for three
more and up to 1000 for three after that. This law is for cats AND
dogs.

It seems moronic to me and no way it can be enforced on the cats
themselves unless they're just never allowed outside at all, but there's
leash laws for cats in my area too, and I think for most cities in America
nowadays. Some people seem pretty convinced cats should never go outside
as it's too dangerous for them. But the "cat door" remains pretty
standard, many cats do come and go as they please, and even if a yard is
fenced the cats go over it. Seems like in the past everyone knew if we
were going to live with cats we're the ones who would have to adapt to
their roaming disposition. The leash laws are like passing laws against
the rain. People are crazy.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website: