Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Babberney

Default Barton Springs toxic

On 20 Jan 2003 12:19:42 -0800, (Steve Coyle)
wrote:

Odd about this whole thing, is how quickly the city acted to shut down
for ninety days on the basis of the Austin American Statesman news
paper report. Why not two weeks or six months, with what little they
know I don't know how they can pick a specific time frame. More
realistic it would seem, would be closing the springs until tests came
back to see if closing the springs were actually necessary.

I wondered about that, too. I guess they can always say, "false
alarm!" after 30 days if they want.
I'm curious, if this closing due to 'toxic' waste, is
a fortuitous chance to save the city money considering the budget
shortfall that are a recent and big problem.

Since they opened Deep Eddy as replacement for BS swimmers, I doubt
it.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit
http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html