Old 02-04-2008, 04:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Laying turf or planting my own grass?

"bpsintl" wrote in message

I was thinking of removing all of the old grass totally, putting some
kind of weedkiller down like roundup and then raking in new topsoil and
planting loads of seeds. How long will it take for seeds to grow into a
nice lawn? I live in the North West of England if it makes any
difference.

If you want to remove the old grass, rent a sod cutter and remove it. With it
will go most of the weed seeds waiting to sprout as soon as they reach dirt.
Tilling will go faster with the grass gone also.