Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
gary

Default Barton Springs toxic

I think anyone who did this kind of research would want to find, mainly,
people who could produce evidence of swimming regularly -- perhaps daily --
in Barton Springs -- over a long period of time. Then they would want
controls -- people who swam there occasionally and people who had never swam
there.

If the contaminants were taken in by humans, there should be increased
levels of them in the swimmers in proportion to how often they swam at
Barton Springs. Of course, then there would be the questions of whether or
not higher levels actually caused problems and how high they had to be to
cause problems.

You are no doubt right about why the City would never want this to happen.
But I wouldn't be surprised to see some personal injury lawyer or lawyers
advertising for swimmers.

gary
austin

"Joe D" wrote in message
This would seem like a sensible thing to do, but the city will never do it
because the results could then be used as evidence in a class-action
lawsuit.

"Have you ever gone swimming in Barton Springs at any time in the last 20
years? Call this number NOW!"

Joe D