Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Fungus gnats

Phisherman wrote in
:

I have an outbreak of fungus gnats in my indoor plants.
Some of these plants are tomato, peppers, etc to be
transplanted into the outdoor garden. Other plants are
houseplants. The cactus plants are not infected, I think
because these are watered once a month and the soil is dry
most of the time. What kinds of control (or better yet
elimination) are available that are safe and practical for
indoor use and for edible plants? I do not have any pets
nor children. TIA

ground cinnamon. sprinkle liberally (no place for
conservatives hereg)
or, if you have an outbreak of Asian Ladybugs, they'll eat
fungus gnat larvae.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair