Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
OhioGuy OhioGuy is offline

Default Customer is always wrong, I guess

I hate to think how many meals you've gotten back with big gobs of phlegm

Hmm. The answer is 1, back in 1997. It was the meatloaf, I recall, and I
thought that a huge bone chip I chomped down on had broken one of my teeth.
Turns out I had just busted the bone chip in half, but I was really scared
at the time that it was going to cost me a huge bundle for dental surgery or
something. I'm usually pretty easy to please on the food front.

My primary problem in this case was that the guy told me the seeds had
been shipped out. He said my order had been shipped. Then later he told me
it hadn't. In my book, that's called lying. You don't tell someone the
order has been shipped until it is out in the mailbox or picked up by
Fedex/UPS. You don't tell someone the order has been shipped if you're
THINKING about mailing it, or if your PLANNING to mail it tomorrow or the
next day. Of course I was rather miffed when I was told the seeds hadn't
been shipped, and wouldn't be.

It formed a pattern of behavior - say one thing, then do another. Tell a
person they're getting 30 seeds, then only show that they'll be getting 15
instead. Say one thing, do another.

Yes, I could definitely have been much more diplomatic about it. Yes, I'm
sorry that I went off the edge and got ****ed when it looked like I was
being ripped off yet again. However, it is imperative in these situations
that a proprietor be able to see things from the customer's point of view.

I had a legitimate concern which was not even acknowledged.