Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

(paghat) expounded:

Perhaps the ideal would be the life of a farm cat, having the best of both
worlds, complete liberty of outdoors or indoors, less threat from
automobile traffic, plenty of opportunities for the hunt.

Absolutely. My parents' cats had full run of the barn, outdoors, but
'lived' in the house. Many lived 15+ years, Callie the Alley Cat
lived to 18. Wild Harry, who was basically a friendly feral (he never
got used to the dog, was born in the barn, wouldn't come into the
house at all) died of fighting, he just couldn't give up fisticuffs.
Missy developed diabetes, lived for three years with my parents giving
her two shots a day until dad got too sick to deal with it anymore.
The vet took her and liked her so much she lived out her days in her
office, being well taken care of. There were so many more over the
years, Ying, Yang, Bibby, on and on and on. Must love cats if you
want to fit into our family!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts