Old 03-04-2008, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Fungus gnats

I have seen great numbers of gnats on what I thought was fruiting bodies of
Armillaria Root Rots 3 years after tree was cut.
Here is an article on Armillaria Root Rots.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/ARM.html

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I have an outbreak of fungus gnats in my indoor plants. Some of these
plants are tomato, peppers, etc to be transplanted into the outdoor
garden. Other plants are houseplants. The cactus plants are not
infected, I think because these are watered once a month and the soil
is dry most of the time. What kinds of control (or better yet
elimination) are available that are safe and practical for indoor use
and for edible plants? I do not have any pets nor children. TIA