Old 03-04-2008, 05:09 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

"paghat" wrote in message
In article , Charlie wrote:

Our cat has the run of the place, indoors and out, as he chooses,
24/7. He is a highly skilled hunter. Up until five years ago, the
neighborhood was overrun with rabbits,
In the six years since he moved to town, he has nearly eliminated the
neighborhood rabbits
His best night of hunting, was nine young rabbits he brought to us on
the patio over a four hour period.

Some people would use that as a story proving cats should be locked up.
They kill everything. That's one hummer of a hunter though; most cats
cannot even catch a half-grown rat which is already too big & smart for
most cats, which have to hunt eight-week-old rats or deermice and field
mice. The cat that can catch rabbits is a tough *******.

Huh? I'd say that is just a normal cat. All of my cats have been able to
catch fully grown rats and nearly all of them have come home with adult
rabbits although some have only caught half grown rabbits (at least that I
have witnessed). If a normal adult cat can't catch a fully grown rat or
rabbit, then it must be a very pampered domestic cat that has never been
allowed to play with more than a stuffed toy. I currently have a very small
spayed female cat (18 years old and now blind, but otherwise healthy and
still using the outdoors in addition to the house) and she has caught fully
grown rabbits, many kitten rabbits as well as many adult rats.