Old 03-04-2008, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Russel Sprout Russel Sprout is offline

Default mystery plant

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes:

| I don't recognise the plant by jizz, and the photograph isn't clear
| enough to make out details - the only thing I can say for certain is
| that the foliage is long-petiolate and palmately lobed - that would
help
| pin down the identity, but if the purple clumps are inflorescences then
| it clearly isn't an Abelmoschus.

Yes. Without a clear picture of the flowers, it is impossible to
tell what family it belongs to. But I should be pretty flabberghasted
it it were an Abelmoschus, even from that picture - it really doesn't
look like one of the Malvaceae.

You are right to be flabberghasted, I was mixing things up in my head. The
correct name is on the tip of my tounge, I'll get back to you if and when it
pops out!