Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default glycophospate and goldfish pond

On 3/4/08 17:03, in article ,
"johngood_____" wrote:

In trying to kill off some rampant bamboo every where around the garden I
want to spray glycophosphate around a small garden pond.

Since any spray that falls on the pond is likely to become very diluted
immediately; is there any potential danger to the goldfish with such a
spray? Thanks for advice.

p.s. I know this post should really go in a 'pond' group, but just looking
at several pond groups they now seem inundated with spam and rubbish.

Yes, it's dangerous to pondlife. If you must use it close to the pond, I
suggest that you put it on with a paint brush, making sure neither brush nor
leaves can drip into the pond.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk