Old 03-04-2008, 06:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default OT Camera advice please?

"Mary Fisher" wrote I apologise in advance for this but if anyone can
advise I'd appreciate it.

In the summer we're going on an Arctic cruise and of course I want the
best pictures I can afford. Digital camera makers seem to fall over
themselves in getting more and more sophisticated models at cheaper
prices, it's very confusing.

I wondered about having an SLR digital - I've heard about them but not
seen one, my old pro photographer boss has finally got one and is very
pleased with it but I don't think I could afford what he paid.

Has anyone here any experience or recommendations? I've used SLR manual
for nearly sixty years but do enjoy the computer-related functions of
digital and thought the combination might combine the best of both to
advantage.

But I don't know ...

If you have had an SLR for some time you probably have lots of lenses etc
that fit that make, see if the same manufacturer makes a good Digital SLR
and if your existing stuff will fit it (some very old stuff may not). That
can cut down the cost considerably as you only need to purchase the Digital
Camera body and will also help as you then already know how most of the
equipment functions.
A good local Camera shop will advise.

--
Regards