Old 03-04-2008, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default dog-poop?!?!

In article
,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:09:50 +1100, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

All of my cats have been able to
catch fully grown rats and nearly all of them have come home with adult
rabbits although some have only caught half grown rabbits (at least that I
have witnessed). If a normal adult cat can't catch a fully grown rat or
rabbit, then it must be a very pampered domestic cat that has never been
allowed to play with more than a stuffed toy. I currently have a very
small
spayed female cat (18 years old and now blind, but otherwise healthy and
still using the outdoors in addition to the house) and she has caught
fully
grown rabbits, many kitten rabbits as well as many adult rats.

I think it is pretty cool when the cat brings home food for his people.
If we aren't around to accept his gift, he will leave it at the door
for us to find and/or carry it in when we let him in.

It is interesting the way they do that. I wonder why they do it. Do they
think we are their litter or too incompetent to feed ourselves?????

In our last place (a historic Rectory with too many holes to the outside) we
once had a rat in the kitchen. We locked the cat in there and next morning
she was sitting as neat as a pin with the dead rat curled around her front
feet. I swear she was smiling and simpering when we went in there the next
morning.

Just goes to show folks that very valuable garden tools are not always
made of wood and steel.

True, but I do wish the dogs wouldn't throw themselves upside down in front
of me for a belly rub when I'm trying to weed - slothful wretches.

Aside: Since we last spoke, last fall sometime, we have added a third
ankle-biter to the grand-kids. Little girl, now in her sixth month.
It's getting busy for us old folks here! :-)

Congrats Grandpa! Grandchildren are such a delight (and soooo much better
than ones own children).

Hope you're feeling well and life is good for you.

Yes thank you, just getting old creaky but I have to live till I'm 150 to
finish everything I want to do yet. Winter is now beginning and I suspect
that it will be a long one as it's early. May the summer be a good one for
your Northern hemisphere bods.

Early, dry spring on the Pacific Coast. Temps were below normal but that
has straightened itself out. Al least there was time to work and
visualize in the garden.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/