Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Customer is always wrong, I guess

In article
,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message news:wildbilly-

Well the future is here.
http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/...d=554&offset=0

Feedback History and Summary for Seedmart, an Ebay
store a.k.a. Hirt's Gardens
62 positives
15 neutrals
44 negatives

Many of the negatives (36%) are enraged and incensed.

That site makes for some interesting reading.

To put the very best complexion on it, the firm seems to be suffering from
multiple personality disorder.

It was interesting that positive comments always seem to appear directly
after a negative one had been posted. Someone complains about shipping
delays, below is one (or more) about how good the shipping was. One
complains about the dirt from the pots being spread throughout the box, just
below will be one saying how there was tape over the top of the pot to stop
dirt from spilling. One complains about getting freeze damaged Musas and
just below is a post saying how great their Musas were. And many repetitive
comments about how big the plants were, what good value and how well packed,
responsive shipping, quality plants, yada, yada, yada. Many of the
positives are stylistically similar and that made me somewhat suspicious.

And on page 3 of the comments they are recorded as telling someone to 'get a
life' and then threatening them with legal action when the person advised
them that plant a grass sent to them was not a bamboo as advertised.

I wouldn't trust the company after reading those posts.

The thing that got me was these comments go back to 2001. In 2002, 45%
of the comments were negative. In 2003, 37% of the comments were
negative. They must be improving because their overall negative rating
is down to 36%. They must be doing something wrong to tick off that many
people from just one web site. Since it has been going on for so long,
it is obvious that the ownership doesn't care or is the cause of the
problem. There are too many nurseries to play Russian roulette with one
with such high disapproval ratings.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/