Old 03-04-2008, 11:58 PM posted to aus.gardens
Warren Warren is offline

Default dollars cents pound and quarters

Sometimes I have to laugh when I see financial reports on American tv
shows. Why do they speak in tenths instead of just moving into the
21st century, like they say the market moved 2 tenths...

Why have a quarter of a dollar, or why don't we have a fifth of a
dollar coin instead of a 20c piece.

And what are these Lbs, I don't seem to have a symbol to represent
that on my key pad.

And how come there are dollars per pound, isn't it meant to be dollars
per kilo or pounds per pound or pence per pound...

I was born in 69 so things had already changed by then here, 65 I
think it was when they said goodbye to the pounds and pence and hello
to the dollars and cents.

Still waiting for the 10 month year, the 10 hour day/night and the 10
day week, 10 week month etc...

Anyhow I should go and put a couple of gallons of water on my
tomatoes...

Have a nice day, happy gardening...

In humor...Warren