Old 04-04-2008, 06:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default dollars cents pound and quarters

So please don't tell us elder persons to forget or change that which was
learned at *great cost* in our childhoods! Mumblemumble... one thousand
seven hundred and sixty yards, one mile... grumble... sixteen fluid
ounces, one pint... crumble... twenty one shillings in a guinea... and
that bloody-well baker and his dozen!!! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!

There are 16 fluid ounces in an American pint. Ours had 20 hence their short
gall 3.6 litres as our gallon is 4.5 litres.