Old 04-04-2008, 08:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default dollars cents pound and quarters

SG1 wrote:
So please don't tell us elder persons to forget or change that which was
learned at *great cost* in our childhoods! Mumblemumble... one thousand
seven hundred and sixty yards, one mile... grumble... sixteen fluid
ounces, one pint... crumble... twenty one shillings in a guinea... and
that bloody-well baker and his dozen!!! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!

There are 16 fluid ounces in an American pint. Ours had 20 hence their short
gall 3.6 litres as our gallon is 4.5 litres.

See what I mean? All that angst over conversions and calculations and
you *still* couldn't get 'em all right! Hnnnnh! ;-

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia