Old 04-04-2008, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Likkle flies

On Apr 3, 6:31 pm, ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² wrote:
So what have I got in my (unheated) greenhouse?

Quite a few little flies, about the size of ants, but with little
silvery wings.

I shall remove the hardening tomatoes and fly-spray the little beggars
fifthwith.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²

It sounds like flying ants but I wouldn't spray with anything until
you find out what they are, they could actually be beneficial. I have
a good RHS book which identifies insects on plants, unfortunately it
is in a packing case otherwise I would look it up.

Judith