Old 05-04-2008, 06:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default FAO Billy & Charlie

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:40:31 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

look! a bright spot on the horizon (maybe)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/02/di...heap.html?_r=1
&oref=slogin

or: http://tinyurl.com/ypzjxw

lee off to buy hay

Ja sure, maybe it's a good deal but . . .

More than 14,400 people in Sonoma County now receive food stamps. That's
one in 33 county residents, compared with one in 57 eight years ago.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/articl...NEWS/804020380

There's gonna' be them wot gets caught in the pinch.

Christ, how the hell do we deal with this, Billy? Can we?

Here we all are talkin' about growin' our own, but so many don't even
have two square inches in which to grow food.

Thanks for smackin' me right between the eyes with a clue by four.

F**k, I keep thinking in terms that apply to me and my situation and
economic status, and the rest of "them" in general terms. I rail on
about the coming pinch, but you are right, there are so many that are
already caught bad. And harder times coming for them.

Shit
Charlie

I'll be lucky if I can grow enough garnish for my meals. I can't support
me, much less the other four that would count on me. I think I need to
cut me some firewood and plant fruit trees, but this was nearly a climax
forest, so that feels weird. But still, if I can cover a couple of
possums, leave a little for the deer, and maybe plant a walnut tree for
the squirrels, what the hell.
Typically, we would get plucked slowly, like the frog sitting in the
boiling water, but I think Shrub and his gang has really screwed up and
the economy has gotten away from them. I hope I'm wrong.

Damn!
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/