Old 05-04-2008, 08:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Pine Tree Problem

Billy wrote:

In article ,
sherwindu wrote:

sherwindu wrote:

One thing that may help is that evergreens like the soil to be somewhat
acidic.
You
can check this with a simple PH testor, or you can simply add something
like
Miracle Grow for Evergreens, which will sweeten up the soil.

Sherwin

Small correction to my last posting. Sweet soil usually conotates alkaline
soil,

whereas sour soil is related to acidic. It's all semantics, but getting
the soil
be more acidic than basic is the important thing.

Sherwin

Acidic (below pH 7) is sour. Basic (above pH 7) is bitter. Sweet is
around pH 7. Damn, don't your raggedy, bigoted ass know nothin', Doo?
--

Billy

I'm impressed by your knowledge of the pH scale. If I hadn't pointed out this
mistake, I doubt if you would have even noticed.

At least I try to correct my mistakes. You on the other hand are always
looking
for an opportunity to score points. How juvenile.

Sherwin