Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°² is offline

Default Likkle flies

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 00:45:31 +0100, "someone"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

If you're about to kill every insect you don't recognise, or can't be
bothered to identify, perhaps gardening isn't the ideal hobby for you?

What a counsel of perfection. Perhaps I should seriously blunt the
edge of my spade in case I harm something in the soil whilst digging.

As long as they're not fungus gnats. Those really are a PITA and can kill
small seedlings with developing root systems in no time at all when you're
not vigilant.

Wrong morphology and wing colour in this case.

Anyway, they seem to have largely cleared off now without
intervention.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²