Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bargain?

"Pete C" wrote
Mooching round B & Q just now to get some grass seed, I spotted a
clearance buy. A dragon tree, bicolour, green with red edges. It's 40cm
tall, and looking very healthy. Price....................? Just £1.98!!
However, me and houseplants have never got on, so any tips to stop me
murdering it would be nice. Ta

I was sent two small ones by someone rather knowledgeable who used to
frequent here who grew them from self collected seed. They have grown apace
over the few years I've had them by being rather neglected on the high shelf
in our small greenhouse. It's heated to a min of 50°F and they have only
been watered max once a month since autumn. During the warmer months I water
weekly with feed every second watering.
I don't know if I've been just lucky or am doing it right but they have
grown quite well.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden