Old 06-04-2008, 07:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Pest/bug in hedge plants

"Dinsdale Pirana" wrote in message

Can anybody identify a thing which has taken up residence in my
recently plannted hedge of Acmena Smithii minor (I think that is right
its a Lily Pily)

Near the junction of a stem is a a white fluffy cobweb type of thing.
Not really like a cobweb but not like fungus either.

On close inspection it seems to contain a lot of small white dots
slightly less than a mm long so I could be the eggs of something.

Any ideas? and what can I do to get rid of it permanently (or don't I
need to?)

Regards
Dinsy

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum - Lucretius

Sounds like mealy bug. Google for some pictures and see if that is it.

David