Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default The Isle of Wight

"Broadback" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
is trying to become the Isle of White

Snowing and settling on the gardens but not on the paths, .............
yet

First we have seen for years.

Mike

Here in North Staffordshire (low ground) we have the most snow for several
years, a good covering. Stick to the trees and bushes, sun shining looks
like fairy land, so much for global warming. Talking of which there has
been no global warming at all this century, and none is expected for a
number of years, that is the official UN report!

How can that be, if there is a direct link between greenhouse gas emissions
and climate change, as we have been assured by panels of scientists and
politicians? Global anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions have been
increasing sharply, recently, mainly due to the understandable (who wants to
live in the stone age?) rate of modernisation of developing world economies,
and the growth in the world population. Shouldn't that mean a noticeable
increase in mean temperatures should be evident?