Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM

Default One Roofer needed/Not a Crew

I know this is out of context for the group, but gardeners as a
general rule are DYI kind of people. It's just a shot the dark to see
if anyone fits the request or knows someone.

I'm building an addition to my house as a learning process and
hopefully less expensive means than using a builder. So far my
cumulative expenses would indicate that's the case.

I need someone to help me shingle the new roof. Someone that's been
around a hip and valley before. I have the equipment for myself, coil
nailer included.

I'm ready to start as soon as there are a couple of consecutive warm
dry days.

Give me a call if you or someone you know need a couple day's work.

250-0363

A Gardening Question:

I have a decent sized garden. I also have a two acre treed lot, and
end up burning deadfalls and trimmings in the garden, and all the
fireplace insert ashes from cold weather.

I till the ash into the soil. I also have a well, and the water's
pretty alkaline. I suspect my soil is fairly alkaline after so many
years of ashes.

Where should I go to have a soil analysis? Failing that, what's good
to add to the soil...something like 50 lbs of sulphur?