Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Aaron Hicks Aaron Hicks is offline

Default Orchid Inventory

Ya gotta love Open Office. It's really slick. Two years ago, I did
a presentation at the National Fire Academy (unrelated to orchids,
unsurprisingly), and used Open Office's "Impress," the equivalent of Power
Point. It meshed flawlessly. I was a little concerned about trying it out,
untested, but didn't have any option. Worked great.

The Seedbank is doing well; there's a spring lull in orders, but
it'll pick back up again soon. Seedling sales will be in full swing within
a month. Then it's back to writing, making more flasks, and cranking out
more seed orders in the fall. It's amazing how cyclical it is.

Third book sold out of its first printing in 3-4 months. I was
surprised how well it sold. Now working on second edition of my first
book, and another text- again, entirely unrelated to orchids, but on the
same thing I lectured about at the National Fire Academy. And the
occasional feature in The Orchid Review. And for those that missed it, the
bit on Spiranthes delitescens in the Orchid Digest last summer- there'll
be another one coming up before too long on another species, provided they
find it sufficiently intriguing.

Too many irons, not enough fire!

The address in the header is bogus. Send no email there.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ