Old 07-04-2008, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default seddlings have thin stems

In article 3fdKj.31638$rd2.12367@pd7urf3no,
"Fish'n in the dark" wrote:

I have planted seeds in growing trays. I was wondering why some of the
plants seem to have a very thin stem at the soil level.
The rest of the plant stem is thick but the thinning of the stems seems like
it will not support the plants and some of them are falling over.
I use a floresent lighting system after the seeds have germinated.
Thanks in advance
Tim

Set the lights as close as possible without touching the seedlings.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/