Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default The Isle of Wight

On 6 Apr, 17:52, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:19:45 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley

wrote:
One shouldn't draw conclusions on the occurrence of an April snowfall
this year (they used to be more common) any more than one should draw
conclusions from April last year shattering the CET temperature records.
One would be more justified in drawing conclusions from the frequency of
April snowfalls, but even then it is wiser to take all the evidence into
account, rather than a single surrogate.

One shouldn't confuse weather with climate.
--

Martin

But...........in the UK we dont have climate just weather.

I remember when I was young the strange weather was blamed on the Atom
bomb, then neucular tests, then the rockets punching holes in the
ozone layer.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries