Old 07-04-2008, 07:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Ponds, Plants & Salt

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 20:58:55 EDT, Pond Addict
wrote:

Is the damage done to plants by too much salt permanent and pretty
much instantaneous or will they recover if you drop levels back down?

Depends on the plant, salt is harder on free floaters than potted plants,
and time is a factor. Unfortunately I think 0.3% has to be maintained for 2
weeks before being dropped.

Bonnie Hale did a study on salt and pond plants and made up a chart. I'm
not sure if she used a control or not, so YMMV:
http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/...%20Information
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us