Old 07-04-2008, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Johnson Alan Johnson is offline

Default Blackcurrant bush?

Hi all,

silly question, I know, but is this a blackcurrant bush? Plant_1.jpg
shows a close up of the foliage and Plant_2 the whole bush (warning:
some may find the files large):

http://www.geotrans-online.de/Plant_1.jpg
http://www.geotrans-online.de/Plant_2.jpg

Assuming it is blackcurrant, what is the best way to prune? Assuming it
isn't, what is it? :-) We have bought a house with a large, rather
neglected garden. These bushes look as though they have not been pruned
for years. They are very large and dense. They are almost six feet high
at the upper tips. There are some orange spots on one or two parts; they
look like some kind of fungus. Does anybody know what they are and what
i should do?

Thanks in advance

--
Alan Johnson, Geotr@ns