Old 07-04-2008, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The Isle of Wight

In message , 'Mike'
writes
and you think 'man' is responsible?

Stewart, I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no ......

Father Christmas
Tooth Fairy
Loch Ness Monster
etc
etc
etc

Global warming is hardly my bubble - it would be nice if we could
dismiss anthropogenic causes of global warming, as we could then
reasonably expect the trend to reverse, but the general outline of
increased greenhouse gases (CO2 up 30%, CH4 and NO2 also up, CFCs up
greatly, as they were essentially absent before we interfered) resulting
in increased temperatures is fairly basic physics.

Whether you like it or not

relativity is a fact
evolution is a fact (and you are descended from an ape)
the earth is 4.5 billion years old
anthropogenic global warming is a fact
etc
etc
etc

For crying out loud man, "Global Warming" is the latest fad, rather
like the Hoola Hoop and Rubik Cube were a few years ago

Mike.
Living in the real world

Someone who thinks Kleeneze distributorships are good ideas, never mind
denies basic physics, is hardly living in the real world.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley