Old 08-04-2008, 02:34 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Large scale permaculture

Charlie wrote in message ...
On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:56:18 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

I am interested in any work that has been done on how practical and cost
effective a large scale commercial growing operation using permaculture
principles is or might be.

Does anybody know of:

1) Any publicly available study of the potential of large scale

permaculture
2) Any case of a large scale permaculture operation now working or under
construction

David

Maybe you will find these helpful.

http://www.polyfacefarms.com/default.aspx

http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/2...arm-model.html

Charlie

Thanks. From the look of their customer list they seem to be in the size
category I am interested in. I wonder if they have published anything on
their overall economics, the inputs they use and the productivity of their
land.

I would love to see such an operation but sadly that's out of the question.

David