Old 08-04-2008, 07:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default My pond is almost finished

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:44:29 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

Jan I've been looking at them and yes I am considering them. The
question I have about koi, according to what I am reading, they require
a cleaner environment then gold fish. I'm wondering with 3200 gal, how
often will I need to perform a partial water change?

Personally I don't think it matters, ponding isn't about the fish, it is
about water keeping.

The other question is, what do I use for a substrate? I was thinking Pea
Stones (pebbles)

Ah, substrate? You mean rocks on the bottom?!!! Gasp! If so, I'll open a
thread rocks on the bottom of the pond. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us