Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Bird question

On Apr 8, 12:04 pm, Des Higgins wrote:
On Apr 7, 11:47 pm, Sacha wrote:

I'm bad indeed at bird recognition but I saw one the other day that I really
do not recall before. It was a very little larger than a sparrow and much
the same colour but while it was on the ground, its tail had a constant
'bobbing' action, rather like a wagtail. Can anyone help me ID this one?

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Black Redstart? They are robin sized; females are cocoa brown and
males are sooty black. The tail is red when "flashed" (flicked kind
of liike a wagtail).

http://www.birdlist.co.uk/images/blackred-5-11-06-2.jpg