Old 22-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Zphysics1

Default For the record (slugs)

The earthworms and everything else seemed to carry on as before. Not only
were the results organically correct, they were dramatic.

I would like to encourage others to try a heavy sprinkling of fresh
(un-brewed) grounds to deal with slugs. I have a 300 sq ft garden and only
used about 2# of coffee (from a 5# can of "the cheap stuff"), so the
expense is not unbearable.

Apparently their nervous systems can not deal with that much caffeine.

Bill

----
So, Bill, do the ground coffe have to be unbrewed? I was thinking of giving
the slugs brewed creme-brulee coffee grounds :-) The aroma will attract them
and then kapow! :-)

Anyway, I will try your method.

/z.