Old 08-04-2008, 02:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

getting stuck is VERY VERY stressful for a fish. once it is loose tho, they do
recover pretty fast as long as the water is clean. getting their slime coat back on
after it is rubbed off is priority. the longer they were trapped, the longer time
for cooties to get to the skin inside the slime coat and more damage.

it is typical of spawning that fish get trapped by objects in the pond. they also
can end up jumping INTO plants and may not be able to get back out of the pot easily.
Ingrid

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 18:53:19 EDT, Pond Addict wrote:
That fish really swam around quite a bit after I removed it from
behind the plant yesterday. I wonder if it had somehow become stuck
back there and some of its damage had come about as a result of that.