Old 08-04-2008, 08:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

Ok, I'll leave it out there for now. Although I didn't manage to get
it last night, I did see it being pursued very aggressively. I think
it's continuing to get beaten up every night.

I started the bead filter and UV yesterday. Even though the water
chemistry is good, I'm pretty sure there's "something bad" living in
the water. I'll take some scrapings today to see if I can figure out
what needs to be treated.

If I can't see find anything to treat, I'm thinking of bringing the
salt up to .2% to aid with stress and healing. Good idea? Unnecessary?

Thanks for the input.

Dave