Old 08-04-2008, 11:52 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default dollars cents pound and quarters

Charlie wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 23:01:20 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

there are only three nations on earth that don't officially use metric.
two
of them are so obscure i can't think what they are. the other would
declare
war on you for saying metric's obviously better ;-) i'll take the risk,
though - metric's better.
kylie

Yeah, and if our 'merican peso keeps on with it's devaluation, we're
going to wind up being as obscure as the other two. Sure is making it
cheaper for the rest of the world to fly or wire in and clean up at
this big garage sale that we are becoming. Before long our warmaking
ability will amount to our being like a bunch of digital monkeys in
trees chunking digital turds at those who disagree with us. Lotta that
going on already, eh? ;-)

BTW, I agree about metric.

GOOD. g

my feeling on what you are saying is simply that all empires end, but the
emperor never likes it when it does, but that everyone else does because it
benefits them to be free of it. onwards & upwards, what.

there's a lot to be said for obscurity, anyway. if the u.s. ever gets over
itself, you won't catch ME crying!
kylie