Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Ping Otterbot

"0tterbot" wrote in message

Where are you Kylie?

Have those roos dragged you off into the mulga?

no, i've been carried away by choughs!
(godDAMNIT, i loathe choughs so MUCH! i lose my words in trying to
describe how much i detest them. it's been a week this time, so they
should be gone again soon).

You wrote that just 'cos you know I love the blighters! Mind you, I was
woken up by our tribe somewhere near the bedroom window this morning. I
would have gone and said a big BOOOO to them to send them off somewhere
else if I hadn't been so warm and comfortable.

they are the only species i have ever encountered that i want to blow to
kingdom come with a shotgun. they are intolerable to me, and yet, there's
just not much i can do about them. one of the dog's jobs is to chase them
out of the garden, but even he is becoming bored with that after a week -
it's futile!

i am trying to do green manuring atm before it's too late in the season, but
i can't until they are gone - otherwise they will just dig everything up,
the ****ers.

interestingly, i have mentioned them to a few people & not everyone has
heard of them (i never had till i came here). i suppose they are the type of
species that you have sometimes, or else they never ever turn up so you
never hear of them.

I suspect that I will be whinging about them though by this time next week
as I have about 10 bags of gorgeous lucerne laced with horse poop to
spread - I'm just waiting for the rain whihc is refusing to arrive here.

we got some drizzle but it didn't rain properly this time.

saw some black cockatoos recently, screaming. it was raining at the time.
aha, i said :-) i thought of you.

:-)) Now was that because of the screaming or because I'd said that they
were the harbingers of rain?

oh, because they scream just like you g!

no, i thought "well, very easy to fly around screaming when it's already
raining, you silly birds!!" when people tell me things, i try to determine
what is happening. so, i'm going to be on the lookout for black cockatoos &
rain until i am satisfied there's a link. (very scientifically minded, me
;-) they really are fabulous birds - it just can't be helped that i find
them so sinister. but i'm a bit funny about birds esp large ones. it took a
bit of gumption for me to chase the choughs out of my chook pens (sigh)
because horrible flapping birds all around just does my head in entirely.
and no, chooks don't freak me out whatsoever because i don't really consider
them "birds", so i don't mind if they get very close!
kylie