Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants?

In article
,
ebrad wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:01*pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
*Doug *Houseman wrote:

In article ,
*Eggs Zachtly wrote:

On 2008-04-08 16:15:38 -0400, ebrad said:

Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow
faster?

No, I don't believe is such nonsense....

What sort of nonsense do you believe in?

My twins used pyramids and other suggested ways of accelerating growth
of peas for the science fair this spring - we grew a total of 30 plants
- 15 as controls and 15 with different supposed methods of accelerating
growth.

The net result was the 12 week old plants showed no real difference is
size or yield (flower or pod count) from pyramids vs the control plants.

Most of the other stuff did not work either.

Doug

It's that repeatability thing, iBrad, that makes for science. But, put
it to the test and wear your pyramid like a hat and see if it generates
any consciousness in that dormant organ between you ears.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the
Haguehttp://angryarab.blogspot.com/http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/

Dormant organ? Tell me oh wise Billy; Which requires more brainpower,
1) asking questions or 2) denying by default that something new is
real? Is your existence so grand and fulfilled as to deny anything
else to fit in it? My god, tell me what you have, I want it!

Think of how advanced our civilization would be for people to have
blocked out new ideas before giving them equal attention. Oh, wait
they did! Here's Billy 500 years ago, "The earth is flat because I
don't believe it is round. Stop smoking your pots and go away before I
taunt you a second time."

It's all about fear, really. It's a lot safer to point and laugh at a
new idea when everyone is already convinced otherwise, because as long
as people don't change their minds, you are never wrong. Right? Let's
remember all those famous deniers of the past. Hmm, none seem to come
to mind.

I'm only pointing you out as an example, because people have free will
to think and act as they want. I just ask that their words and actions
are useful. Is anything you have said useful to me or to anyone?
Please feel free to prove me wrong. I'm sure you will try.

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just trying to make a point. If you
don't get it, well then, there may not be much hope.

cheers,

- Brad

iBrad, free will to imagine is one thing, science is another. You
require faith, which I have not. I require proof, which you have not.
Don't confuse the desired with the real, it will just bite you in the
burro.