Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Large scale permaculture

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:00:51 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"

need to think outside the square, the answers will come and the sooner
the better.

No it won't. It will just continue with consumers telling the government
DO something. They are too lazy to do anything themselves like dig a
veggie
patch or even grow a few herbs. I despair of humanity. A good dose of
plague might not be such a bad thing.

Well it would rip right through those mega cities. A nice virulent avian
flu
that is human transmitted would do the trick, coming soon to your
neighbourhood? I hope not.

There is absolutely no doubt that in the end climate change,
overpopulation,
land degradation, water pollution, peak oil and daytime soap operas WILL be
dealt with. The challenge is to do it without allowing the four horsemen to
cause untold misery to billions along the way.

David

I fear that is not possible, David. Speaking truth to power has, in my
experience, little effect, and history bears this out, as witnessed by
various prophets, seers, visionaries, and other illuminated and schmart
folks who were ignored by the rich and famous and powerful.

Doesn't have much to do wit schmart people. Sensible people in
industrial societies have fewer children. In the United States of you
know who, each kid costs about a half million $. That is incentive to
anyone who can use their brain.

It is alos interesting that John prophesied so long ago about a world
situation that is taking on an amazing resemblance to what he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSw...eature=related

The challenge and the attempt are noble, and required, but I also fear
we are simply ****in' in the wind. Yet try we must, while maintaining
a watchful posture to sidestep what we are able.

I hope I am wrong, but like farml, I too despair of humanity most
times.

Your a Lutheran aren't you Charlie? I listen to Prairie Home Companion
and I'd recognize you anywhere. Just waiting for God's coup de gras?
Well I think we would do just fine if we could get these freakin'
parasites off'en us.(Like Gov. Shrub, he wasn't really elected to
anything else).

Charlie

--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/