Old 09-04-2008, 04:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants?

ebrad wrote in

oups.com:

That may be true, but don't be so afraid of new ideas. I
was asking if anyone else has done it. I've never grown
anything in my life (apart from some mold on some food in
my fridge).

it's not a "new" idea, unless your relative value of new
extends several decades. this was being discussed & debunked
in the late 60s, and i don't think it was exactly new then. i
think it was something that first came up in the big
Egyptology craze of the late 1800s, but i don't have cites
from that period (but i may go look it up)
at any rate, it doesn't really do anything for the plants,
although pyramid shaped greenhouses can be rather decorative
(lots of wasted space however).

Don't let your sitcoms and the 9-5 limit the extent of
reality for you.

hm. yeah. i don't watch tv & i don't (& never have) worked 9
to 5. maybe that's why i can spot a stupid psudoscientic
"idea".
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair